Learning Spanish at El Marañón
Hola, como estas? - Pura Vida!
In the very personal atmosphere of the Guesthouse EL MARAÑON, learning Spanish is great fun. Everybody can join in and individual requirements are easily catered for, because the groups are small. Classes are held outside in the wooden pavilion, so during the breaks you can stroll around the tropical gardens, watch the humming birds in action or help yourself to some mango fruit. We timetable the classes in such a way as to ensure that you have plenty of opportunity to explore San José and the Central Valley or to relax in a hammock, if the fancy takes you.
The choice is yours:
- individual or group tuition (2-4 participants) for one or several weeks.
- 20 or 30 lessons (45 minutes each) per week with courses beginning throughout the year.
- 4 levels (for small groups): beginner, beginner with some knowledge, intermediate and advanced (= conversation/near-native competence).
- supervision of children available during classes.
- accommodation in our guest house with breakfast.
(per week in a double room incl. breakfast and airport pick-up):
group EUR 449
individual EUR 615
group EUR 549
individual EUR 795
Extra lesson: EUR 20
Single room surcharge: EUR 75 per week
Children in the same room with parents with child care during lessons: EUR 150 (20 lessons) & EUR 200 (30 lessons) per week
Start every Monday, lessons from Monday-Friday, arrival Sunday, departure Saturday (exceptions possible).
In addition to the courses we run a number of extra-curricular activities. Each week there is one cultural event of topical interest, an excursion (visit of a national park or local project) and one evening of entertainment. Cost: EUR 149
In addition to learning the Spanish language, you can take instructions in Latin American dancing, e.g. salsa, merengue or bolero. EUR 20 per lesson (45 minutes) - minimum 2 lessons per day.